ZINC12 release notes
These are the release notes for ZINC12.
Aims of ZINC12
The aim of ZINC12 is to simplify the prioritization and purchasing of new molecules.
Aims of this document
- to provide sufficient information to use the interface
- to give an indication of what currently is not implemented or working
- ZINC12 is not really ready for prime time. (May 3, 2011). However, it now contains enough new features to be interesting. Thus we are encouraging people to try it.
- ZINC12 will continue to change substantially over the summer of 2011. We expect it to stabilize around August, and which point we will freeze it and start work on ZINC13.
- If ZINC12 gives you any trouble at all, please go back and use ZINC11.
- all new look
- more flexible searching (and a new structure to enable future innovations)
- modular reports
- authentication and a persistent shopping cart metaphor
Not yet working
- choice of report format within shopping cart
- more report formats in results report
- multiple shopping carts
What to expect in May
What to expect by August - ZINC12 release
Features that will be in ZINC13 and not ZINC12
- optimize purchase instructions
- transmit purchasing requests to vendors
- interoperability with DOCK Blaster