Periodic system maintenance
From time to time we need to do things or check on things. This is the official list.
If you are lucky, there will be no daily maintenance. Currently at our site, we must
- do DOCK license approvals
- do docking.org account approvals
- check for disk full conditions
- check public servers running
- run weekly Backups, starting on Friday evening.
- check disk consoles and system logs for failed disks. replace if necessary
- run quarterly Backups starting on the first day of the quarter. Take backup off site.
- Lab Security Policy - and security review
- renew SSL certificates
- domain name renewals
- Software upgrades
Return to System administrator's guide.